Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blankie, Booties and Beanie

Fini!!
I began it on May 26 and finished June 11. The pattern is from Filatura di Crosa Baby and I used some Hobby Lobby acrylic/nylon "baby Bee" called Sweet Delight with #6 needles. It took 2 3/4 skeins (about 850 yards) of yarn.

Here is a close up of the diamond pattern:

I had yarn left over, so here are some booties I did. The pattern was on about.com, I think it is just called lacy baby booties. I used #4 needles for these.


And then I thought, why not a beanie as well - I liked the pinwheel decreases so chose this pattern:

And the side view:


So here is the ensemble:

I think this will keep that little Indiana baby (due in October) warm.

10 comments:

Lime Street said...

So sweet! You did a great job. What a lucky baby!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you already completed a baby ensemble for a child who isn't going to be born until October! I am such a procrastinator. I can't imagine being that much on the ball. What a cute set. That is definitely one lucky baby.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

You finished that up beautifully.. It's a lovely set, yarn and pattern. I agree, lucky baby!

Thanks for your comment on my "baby", too. He's resting after his ordeal at the vet's today.

Sew Chic said...

Very nice! You do lovely work!
Ruth

Batty said...

That is so cute!

Meredith said...

What a beautiful set!

Anonymous said...

Love the dimond pattern on the blankie. Everything is so cute! Baby stuff is so much fun to make. Nice job.

lobstah said...

You did an awesome job! That wasn't so bad now, was it? ;)

Larjmarj said...

What a lovely set, that is one lucky baby. The blanket pattern is really beautiful. Good job on finishing so early you are far better at time management than I am.

Sussry said...

How sweet! Good job!