Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WIPs

Currently there are 2 WIPS - the Fiori di Sole




and Lacy Summer Tank




I spent an amazing week at Wildacres Retreat with dear friends attending the John Mack Oboe Camp. If you remember, Mr. Mack was my teacher, mentor and friend who passed away in 2006. It was only this year that I could find it in my heart to return. The camp is now taught by prominent students of Mr. Mack's. It was a bittersweet week, some great times and some disappointments. I'm not sure I will go back again but haven't ruled it out.




4 comments:

vi said...

you need to return, to honor that man
and as a break
the magic will come back, changed but still magic

Knittinreed said...

I did return. We'll see who they get next year to teach and then I will decide.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

The Fiori de Sole shawl is going to be gorgeous. I also like that little tank top, for my daughters. Thank you for sharing the links to the patterns, CeeCee.

John Mack was just irreplaceable, a master musician and teacher. It was a great loss. May your sense of loss and sadness fade away as your good memories rise up to take front and center stage.

Karp Styles Crochet and Knitting said...

Looking forward to seeing the tank when finished. Then I might make one.