Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FO: Pretty Baby Sweaters

My friend's daughter had twin girls so I knitted these for them. But they have grown quite a bit and these will be too small. So I'll wait until the right person comes along and will gift them.

The pattern is the Pretty Baby Sweater which is almost the same as the 5-hour Sweater. The only difference I could discern is that there are buttonholes in this one and i-cord tires on the other.

The yarn is Caron Simply Soft in orchid and light green. This yarn is pretty good for acrylic but not my favorite to knit with. I really prefer some cotton or wool blend in to give a more organic feel. It slid pretty well on my #7 Options.



I don't know if you can see the buttons, but on the orchid sweater they are butterflies and on the pale green, bears :-)


Now I am looking for a 9 month pattern for girly sweaters for the girls. Any ideas?
Happy knitting ~

3 comments:

Panhandle Jane said...

Those are beautiful sweaters.

I had good luck with LB Cotton Ease for one of the 5 hour sweaters.

I do like the buttons.

Knittinreed said...

Thanks Jane. Do mean the size was good for 9 months?

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Sweet and beautiful little sweaters. I love those buttons, too! And the colors. Lucky babies.