Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tilia take two

So as I am merrily knitting along, I felt the fabric was too loose and floppy. Even though I thought I had gauge. I ran into a roadblock at the neck; Lavold's directions assume the knitter has more experience than I.
I stopped knitting to wait until I could get to my LYS for advice. I was able to go Monday and found out what to do at the neck. But I was informed that my gauge was too big. (AHA!! That's why the fabric was so loosey goosey.)
We talked about frogging down to the pattern, but when I got home, I decided to start the entire bit on smaller needles. Here we are right now:


I hope to have more to post soon. This is a learning experience.......

4 comments:

schrodinger said...

Don't you just love the learning curve that knitting provides ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh. No.

I'll have a glass of wine for ya.

Carla said...

Ouch. Been there. Done that. Not fun. Sorry.

carla said...

I'll do everything I can to keep from ripping, but sometimes there's just no helping it, and I've never been sorry that I did.

Here's to version 2.0!