Monday, January 23, 2006

Leisel and Mom

Mom and I rose before the sun this morning. She had a flight back to NY that left at 9:00 a.m. which meant we had to leave the house by 7:45. Since neither of us are morning people, that was very early. The airlines let me go to the gate with her and I saw her get safely on. Then she called from Chicago in between connections. When she arrived at her sister's there was one more call. I can sleep well knowing she is home. We had a wonderful two weeks together... I wish we lived closer together. I am lucky to have such a great lady for my Mother.

We mostly took daily trips to the grocery store, yarn shops, and out to lunch or dinner. We talked endlessly and even got in a game of Scrabble. Over the two weeks, Mom baked 3 pies: apple, peach and blueberry as well as a peanut butter cake (from scratch). I think we need to fast for the next two weeks to make up for all the food!! I cooked spaghetti with meatballs, turkey, pork, lamb, salmon, seafood (out), Chinese and went out to a steak place one night. We would have also gone for some Tex-Mex but Mom isn't a big fan of it.
Our part of Texas finally got some rain and our pansies seem to have sprung back to life! Woohoo!
Here is Leisel so far. She is really coming along and I just love the texture of this pattern!

1 comments:

Gina said...

Leisel is lovely! I like the color, too.